Position: Level 2 / 3 IT Support Technician
Our client is an IT solutions company with an established services division. This division offers a full delivery service of supplying, installing and supporting business information systems to a diverse range of clients. Due to continued growth they are looking to add a Level 2 / 3 IT Support Technician to the team.
What you will be doing
The successful candidate will be initially based on the support help desk. The duties will include:-
• Resolving 2nd / 3rd line issues reported by our customers using a variety of remote tools
• Recording all such calls in the ticketing system
• Monitoring customer’s systems and acting on alerts
After a short while …..
• Configuring Servers, both physical & virtual
• Building VM environments (mainly VMware)
• Attending sites for installations and repairs
Required Skills / Experience
• You should bring with you at least 4 years’ experience within a similar environment.
• You must possess excellent verbal and written skills and a UK driving licence.
• A sound knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012/SBS2008 & 2011, Administrative AD experience. Exchange 2007 % 2010, 2013. VMWare 4 and 5, Citrix Xen App, Desktop and Server
• Virtualisation competencies in VMWare and or Microsoft and Citrix. Desktop access using Citrix and Microsoft is beneficial. Good knowledge of Cisco IOS, DNS and IP essential.
• Windows 7
• Some ADSL router configuration abilities
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• A good working knowledge of TCP/IP, network infrastructure, VPN, SQL, Wifi, IP telephony
• An ability to work competently under pressure
• Good diagnostic skills
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.
Send CV to email@example.com